The WarrantyDirect® Privacy Promise
Our Privacy Promise is all about you. We value you and protect information about you. This privacy notice is being provided to you by WarrantyDirect®, an entity of North Carolina Automotive
We respect your privacy & security and protect your information.
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not share your information with persons, companies, or organizations outside of WarrantyDirect and its subsidiaries that would use that information to contact you about their products and services.
- We require persons or organizations that provide services on our behalf to keep your information confidential. We also expect them to use your information only to provide the services we’ve asked them to perform.
- We require our employees to protect your information and keep it confidential. We have established safeguards (these are physical, electronic and procedural) to protect this information.
- We use analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of warrantydirect.net. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and how the application features are used. We will link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the warrantydirect.net website.
The Data We Have
We gather personal information from you and from outside sources for business purposes, including carrying out the requested product or services, responding to customer service requests, administering your account, and sending you surveys, newsletters and other service-related correspondence. Some examples of the information we collect from you may include your name, phone number, and home and e-mail addresses, and vehicle information including vehicle identification number (VIN), year, make, model, and odometer reading. Also, we maintain records that include, but are not limited to, contract coverages and payment history.
- Evaluate our marketing campaigns
- Analyze how customers use our website and applications
- Develop new services
- Know how many visitors have seen or clicked on our ads
Also, our business partners assist us with monitoring information including, but not limited to, IP addresses, domain names and browser data, which can help us to better understand how visitors use warrantydirect.net
How We Use and Share Your Personal Information
In the course of normal business activities, we use and share your personal information. We may provide your information to persons or organizations within and outside of WarrantyDirect. This would be done as required or permitted by law. For example, we may do this to:
- Fulfill a transaction you requested or service your contract
- Market our products
- Handle your claim
- Prevent fraud
- Comply with requests from regulatory and law enforcement authorities. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
The persons or organizations with whom we may share your personal information may include, among others:
- WarrantyDirect affiliated companies
- Companies that perform services, such as marketing, payment processing, and communication services on our behalf
- Business partners that assist us with tracking how visitors use warrantydirect.net
- Those who request information pursuant to a subpoena or court order
- Repair shops
How Your Data is Shared
Your data may be shared when laws require us to share or when laws allow us to do so.
Some examples are to:
- service your contract or complete a transaction
- market our products
- handle a claim
- conduct research studies
- address a subpoena or court order
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
Your Data and Our Internet Site
Cookies allow us to provide you with a more customized service and are used to track and measure Web site usage. This information may be used to manage and customize our Web site’s content, layout, and services in order to improve our site, enhance customer service, and provide tailored messages.
You may opt out of accepting cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, rejecting cookies may prevent you from using certain functions and you may have to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services or promotions.
Your Data Sharing Preference
Sharing your data with other WarrantyDirect affiliates helps to make you aware of other services and products we offer. However, if you do not want your data to be shared with WarrantyDirect companies, please let us know by calling 888-825-4876. Your request will be handled but it can take up to four weeks to process your request.
Want to Learn More or Need a Correction?
Thank you for choosing WarrantyDirect! If you want to learn more, go to warrantydirect.net or call 919-825-4876.
If you wish to see the data we have about you or need to correct something, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In some instances, we might not be able to provide data or make corrections such as in the case of investigations, claims, litigation or other matters.